Growing up in the U.S. I saw that “racism” was the great evil to be avoided, according to the prevailing mores.
As a Jew, I saw that millions of my co-religionists had been murdered by racists.
But then, I started getting annoyed with the people who cried “racist”.
I got irritated with the whole “racism” racket.
For some reasons why, look at the following items:
1. In 2010, in a secretive liberal journalist online discussion forum called JournoList, Spencer Ackerman of The Washington Independent proposed attacking Mr. Obama’s critics as racists. He wrote:
“If the right forces us all to either defend (radical black minister Jeremiah) Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. . . . This makes them ‘sputter’ with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction.”
This smacks of intellectual dishonesty, does it not?
2. Then a few days ago, in Manchester, Connecticut, Omar Thornton, a disgruntled employee at a beer distributor, was fired, after being showed a video of him caught in the act stealing beer. Busted, he didn’t put up a fight, company officials said. He quietly signed a letter of resignation and was headed for the door when he pulled out a gun and started firing – “cold as ice,” as one survivor described it.
In the end, Thornton killed eight people and wounded two, then turned the gun on himself in a rampage at Hartford Distributors .
Relatives said Thornton, 34, finally cracked after suffering racial harassment in a company where he said he was singled out for being black in a predominantly white work force.
“Everybody’s got a breaking point,” said Joanne Hannah, the mother of Thornton’s longtime girlfriend.
After shooting his co-workers, Thornton hid as police moved in. He called his mother, who tried for 10 minutes to talk him out of killing himself, his uncle Will Holliday told reporters.
“He said, ‘I killed the five racists that was there that was bothering me,'” Holliday said. “He said, ‘The cops are going to come in so I am going to take care of myself.'”
Authorities said they found him dead.
Thornton had said he found a picture of a noose and a racial epithet written on a bathroom wall, said Hannah, of Enfield, whose daughter Kristi had dated Thornton for the past eight years. Her daughter told her that Thornton’s supervisors said they would talk to his co-workers.
However, union officials claimed that there was no record of Omar making any official complaints about racism. And company spokesmen denied that employees harbored racist views.
But lets suppose Omar was telling the truth. Does the crime of “racism” justify the crime of multiple murder?
I would hope not.
3. A former UC Irvine Muslim Student Union Member got disenchanted with the MSU and Islam in general. And then she started finding out that many of her “friends” were not really her friends.
“I had family members ask me if they should even talk to me anymore and wonder to me whether they should let me around their kids. To them, someone who rejects the truth is worse than someone who never knew it. According to their beliefs, people who they think are awful — Zionists, homosexuals, RACISTS (my emphasis), murderers — have more of a chance getting into heaven than I did.
“The war is a war of words. To the MSU, free speech is what we say and what we agree with, while hate speech is what everyone else says.”
Talking of hate speech, consider what the following Syrian businessman of Palestinian descent , Yasser Kashlak, said. “Gilad Schalit (an Israeli soldier held for years as prisoner of Hamas and still not released) should go back to Paris and those murderers (i.e. Israelis) go back to Poland, and after that we will chase them until the ends of the earth to bring them to justice for their acts of slaughter from Deir Yassin until today.”
In other words, this guy wants to evict 5 million Jews from Israel back to Europe or wherever they came from, and then step 2 is to follow them and murder them.
4. Black conservative commentator Larry Elder has a funny quiz on racism:
Here it is:
i) When asked whether the number and prominence of blacks in the Bush administration suggested a lack of racism, who said, “Hitler had a lot of Jews high up in the hierarchy of the Third Reich.”?
a) Adolf Eichmann, b) Joseph Goebbels, c) Heinrich Himmler, d) Harry Belafonte, entertainer and liberal activist.
ii) Who called President Bush’s perceived lack of help for Katrina victims “ethnic cleansing by inaction” and called it a “calculated … policy.” He added, “So by simply not doing anything to alleviate this … crisis that was so greatly exaggerated by Katrina, they let the hurricane do the ethnic cleansing, and their hands are clean.”
a) David Duke, b) Jack the Ripper, c) Jeffrey Dahmer, d) Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass.
iii) Who said: “When you look at the way the (then-Republican-controlled) House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation. And you know what I’m talking about.”
a) Kunta Kinte, b) Harriet Tubman, c) Booker T. Washington, d) then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, former first lady and current secretary of State.
iv) “George Bush let people die on rooftops in New Orleans because they were poor and because they were black.”
a) Ming the Merciless, b) Ivan the Terrible, c) Vlad the Impaler, d) Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.
v) “It’s not ’spic’ or ‘nigger’ anymore. (Instead, Republicans) say, ‘Let’s cut taxes.’” a) Bernie Madoff, b) Bonnie and Clyde, c) Bennie and the Jets, d) Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y.
As you may gather, the answer is always ‘d’.
5. Rush Limbaugh, said the following on air:
RUSH: Yes, Snerdley, I know that journalists at the Journolist site wish me dead. I’m gonna get to that in due course. I heard from about five people today, there’s a story at the Daily Caller, which is Chatsworth Osborne, Jr.’s website, it’s an update on the Journolist and some woman who is a producer for a station that carries NPR programming said she would gladly stand by and watch me die instead of rescue me if I was having a heart attack. She said she would “laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out. I never knew I had this much hate in me, but Limbaugh deserves [it],” to die, and I’d be happy to watch him die.
Now, the headline of the story: “Liberal Journalists Suggest Government Shut Down Fox News.” I had five people e-mail this to me, “Can you believe they want to do this to Fox News?”
I said, “What, it’s no big deal they want me to die? What am I, a potted plant here?”
6. I was shown the following article by a Jewish blogger that we thought was too anti-Jewish to put into a newsletter that I work on with a Zionist organization. However, I can’t resist putting it here:
“The Sum of All (Jewish) Fears (Thursday, May 27, 2010)
“Many individuals and groups harbor deep-seated fears – real or imaginary – that go to the core of their existence and identity. Superman fears green kryptonite. The Kennedys fear banishment from the political spotlight. My dog fears thunderclaps.
What do American Jews fear most? What existential or personal threat consumes virtually their every waking (and perhaps, sleeping) moments? Is it the 4:00 am knock on the door from a nouveau Gestapo? Is it a latter day pogrom carried out in Westchester or Silver Spring? Is it the unmasking of a family name from “Gainsborough” to “Ginsberg?”
What strikes fear into most Jewish hearts in America is none of the above. Rather, it lies in the fear that someone might identify them as “Right Wing”. This term is, beyond all others, the most dreaded term of opprobrium in the western Jewish world. And, through a combination of Jewish Left Wing propaganda and Arab and Muslim deception, support for Israel has become synonymous with “Right Wing politics.” This mark of Cain has gained added potency by the ascension of Barak Hussein Obama and his coterie of ’60’s leftists from David Axelrod to Elena Kagan.
Consequently you have the current situation wherein groups like J Street and Jewish Voice for Peace actively support Arab and Muslim causes as a result of their effective Left Wing branding. Arab and Muslims like Joseph Massoud of Columbia and Tariq Ali know precisely which levers to operate to gain Jewish Left Wing support. In perfect Pavlovian fashion, American Jews of the Left salivate when they hear the words, “Apartheid” and “Racist” while ignoring the mountains of corpses produced by Islamic Right Wing organizations.
7. There is more “racism” of this sort that I could list here, like the case of Tawana Brawley, who smeared herself with feces, climbed into a plastic garbage bag, and said racists did it. The accusations soon earned her notoriety, which was inflamed by Brawley’s advisors (including the Reverend Al Sharpton and attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason, who were stupid enough to believe her.) Or the Duke Lacrosse Rape case, where an entire team of Lacrosse players were accused falsely of raping a black woman. The black woman was a stripper with mental problems. As I recall (I don’t have the documentation in front of me) there was a rush to judgement in the media and academia, and only a few sensible people, usually conservatives like Rush Limbaugh, came to the defense of the team until they were finally acquitted in court. As a rather humorous gesture of solidarity, sales of Duke University apparel, especially lacrosse t-shirts, by the Campus Store tripled from March to April 2006.
One truth that I do believe, from my reading and experience, is that all ‘racial’ groups have some really really good people, and some really really bad people. On the other hand, it may be true that some groups have a different distribution of character traits than other groups. Certainly, statistically there are differences in behavior, IQ, etc that have been measured between “racial” groups and subgroups within those groups. Maybe these are genetic, maybe not.
I do think if I were an alien from Alpha Centauri, I would be a racist. Against Earthlings.